Balancing Work and Family

This year seemed to be a never ending whirlwind!  Every aspect of life was wrapped up with school & work!  Between working 2 jobs and attending Grad School, writing papers, observations, lessons, getting engaged and student teaching, I hardly found the time for myself, my family and friends, not to mention my relationship…Whew!  I can’t believe that it’s November and pretty soon it will be Christmas!  Where did the year go?  Balancing work and family is such an important thing to do in order to be a well rounded person.  It’s good for the body and mind to take time to rest from work.  I make sure to find the time for little things on my days off.  I try to not think about anything and just relax for a day.  I enjoy my quiet days to relax, relate and release!  During this time I enjoy reality tv, junk food, music, spa treatments and gossip.. lol..  I don’t often have much time to enjoy these things so I completely over indulge myself on my days off.  As far as family goes- I make sure to call my family a few times a week to remain sane.  I like to take the time out of my busy self absorbed week to ask them – HOW ARE YOU?  Sometimes, we get so engrossed in our own lives and work, that we forget about the ones that helped us along the way!  Thank God for my family.  Thank you!  After taking time to rest, relax and talk to my family, when I return to work, I am focused and ready to make magic happen.  I perform better and get better results when I am well-rested and feeling balanced.      

-JB

1 Response to Balancing Work and Family

1. V coan says:

AHH, I know and now it’s Christmas time! You definately have a lot on your plate, but you will pull through and you’ll make the best of it all!