My Passions

I believe that passion is defined as that thing that you love to do, talk about, be around, sing about, or just simply enjoy.  In this life, most people can only find time to dabble in their passions in their spare time off from work or school.  However, some of us are part of that elite group that can work on their passions as a career.  For me, I have always been passionate about two things; fashion and helping others.   All of the goals I have set forth for myself in life have aligned with those two interests.  After I graduated college,  I was blessed to work in the fashion industry and learn so much more about the business of fashion.  While working in the industry, I volunteered and mentored students in my spare time.  That is when I realized that I enjoyed working with kids more than I loved fashion.  Who knew?!   This realization helped me to put my next goals in place towards becoming a teacher.  Working with kids is such a joy!  It’s hard work, but if your passionate about what you are doing, your best effort shines through in your classroom and in your students performance.  Like that famous Confucius quote, ” Choose a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.”  That’s one goal that I am definitely working on.  – JB

2 Responses to My Passions

1. sstevens says:

You will be an awesome teacher.The quote is true I live by that

2. V coan says:

That is great that you found your true passion with teaching. I know you will bring that into the classroom in every less. I absolutely love the quote, “chose a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” It’ so true! There are so many people in the world that hate waking up every morning to go to work. Hopefully we will be some of the fortunate ones that will always wake up, looking forward to the next day!